There are some people who seem to believe that I am not a Jamaican. Let me state the following:
- I am a Jamaican - I was born in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica, W.I.
- My late Grandparents and Parents were Jamaicans.
- My Parents were both Teachers in Jamaica.
- I attended school in Jamaica; including high school (Munro College) and college (The College of Arts, Science and Technology - CAST).
- My wife is a Jamaican. She was born in Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.
- I met my wife at college (CAST).
The Jamaican Culture is part of my heritage.
As Jamaicans would say: "Mi bawn a JA - Mi a Jamaican!"
Translated - this means: "I was born in Jamaica - I am a Jamaican!"
...."Til next time!"
Spur Tree Hill, Jamaica, W.I. - This is one of the main highways connecting the capital city (Kingston) to Negril (the main tourist attraction town).
The view from this hill is breathtaking!
This is a very steep and winding road which should be traversed with extreme caution.